life lately

i'm staying in Columbia over the summer to establish residency, and so far i have mixed emotions. some days i love it, other days i'm incredibly homesick. regardless, i'm making the most of it! here are some "adventures" from the past few weeks!

I got my official University of Missouri name tag! I absolutely love working for the School of Health Professions. 


A few weeks ago, my friend Kelaney and I went and saw Oz for free on Lowry Mall! 


I worked a gorgeous wedding here in CoMo!


My boss gave me personal business cards! I've even given out a couple! So if you need a photobooth for a Missouri event - hit me up!


I worked yet another wedding! I vow never to have a wedding outside - this poor bride and groom had a ceremony in a torrential downpour.. the party was fun though!


Alpine Park & Garden Center - gorgeous venue minus the rain!


I had to get a typhoid fever vaccination.


I FOUND A SNOW CONE PLACE!!!!!!


This is a picture of when I asked Siri for directions to the nearest Sonic and she took me to a gravel road down by the river.. uh what


My grandparents came down!!! Nana and I went to the 8pm Monsters University premiere the day before it came out! We got there early, ordered our tickets on Fandango, and were prepared to stand in line..... we were the only people in the theater. Awesome private premiere party though! (:

I'm in the parent calendar - and so is Nick! We barely knew each other when this picture was taken though! Kind of random. I won the Rockin Room Contest and got a $100 bookstore gift card (:


Complete took a company trip to the lake!! Excuse the fact that I look extremely white - i'm actually pretty tan right now! I got to ride & drive waverunners and we got to go tubing! Such a fun day!


Did you know that they flooded a town in order to "make" Lake of the Ozarks?!


... i like my job (:


I bought this Happiness Project journal in January. Each day you write little blurbs about happy things that happened during your day! It's really fun to look back on random days to see what I did! The space you have to write in is small, so you have to keep it short and sweet. It's a 5-year journal and I can't wait to finish it! My grandma has a few 5 year journals from when she was in college and it was so cute reading them and seeing what she went through! 




Other occurrences:
I joined a small group that I absolutely love!!! I've been working out and going to the pool a lot. I saw Summer Welcome's Revue - it was so good! I learned Hey There Delilah and 5 Years Time on the ukulele! I'm now on season 4 of Bones.Nick Yahl and I have been dating for 9 months now - crazy how fast it's gone! I seriously feel like we just met! So incredibly blessed to have a guy like him in my life! I get emails from Africa each week and now that Richie is in New Jersey, I get emails from there too! I went thrift shopping with Kelaney - got some good stuff, including a hot air balloon puzzle! I've got all the edges done and a little bit of the bottom finished. I've been ziplining every Sunday. It's so much fun!! I love getting to meet diverse people and helping them face their fears. 18 days until Guatemala!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All I Have is Christ

a update to my last blog

trees will clap