adventure is here

My Guatemalan adventure is quickly approaching! It's surreal to think that in a little over a month I will be 2,500 miles away working with Guatemalan physical therapists, going to a zoo with special needs students, and visiting homes of people in need. I am so incredibly blessed to have this opportunity to serve. I hope to update everyone via this blog while I am there. Until then, I will post various adventures of my summer here in the lovely Columbia, MO! Some of my "adventures" aren't really adventures at all, they're actually rather mundane, but anything can be an adventure if you make it one. Here are some adventures from the past week:


First time eating Chipotle! 


Nick Yahl came to CoMo and we went to a farmers market! We bought lemon poppy seed bread, peanut butter chocolate chip bread and fresh and organic strawberries!



We then headed over to the Art in the Park festival to see the art eat greasy food truck food! We said hi to our friend Paige, ate DELISH bratwursts, kettlecorn, and Jamaican lemonade. Rereading that meal description sounds absolutely horrendous but I promise it was amazing. Next time you make lemonade, pour some SunnyD in - you won't be disappointed (:


I also recently invested in Netflix where I have been rewatching Bones episode nonstop. There are also some really good movies on Netflix! (Wild Thrornberries movie, Rugrats, What to Expect When You're Expecting, Attack of the Killer Clowns, Cheetah Girls, Cadet Kelly, etc) -- don't worry, I haven't actually watched all of these on here. Watching Netflix definitely isn't an adventure, more like incredibly lazy. But hey, a full time working girl needs a break, okay?!

My favorite adventure so far has been finding Mugs Up drive in diner!! They have amazing home brewed Root Beer and $2 artery clogging delicious burgers


We also made some festive/sloppy cupcakes. But it's the taste that counts right? I am SO not a house wife. Cooking and cleaning are two of my least favorite things - sorry future hubby




Miscellaneous: the columns on Memorial Day & my newly decorated wall.

have a great week everyone! (:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All I Have is Christ

a update to my last blog

trees will clap