the time has come

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."

Well friends, there is PLENTY to talk about. I just finished up my sophomore of college at the University of Missouri - aka the best college ever. This year was all kinds of crazy & definitely full of adventure! As y'all know, I don't blog. I'm awful. I'm inconsistent. I am not a journalist & I give mad props to those who are. But, for the duration of this summer. I am going to try my absolute best to update this blog weekly! 

I'm going to Alaska for the entire summer on a Campus Crusade for Christ (CRU) Summer Project. I'll be in Juneau spending my summer working for a whale watching company and evangelizing! I'm for realz pumped. God has so much in store for us & I couldn't be more excited or terrified!! I fly out May 27th and I will return just in time for recruitment on August 4th. This blog might only be pictures with some sporadic captions - but hey, it's something! 

Here are a couple photos from this past year. Enjoy! (:





My dad & I took on the Cotton Bowl & watched our Missouri Tigers beat OSU! (:


I traveled to the Dominican Republic with Mizzou Alternative Breaks and taught English to sweet kiddos like Carlos.



Columbia had a blizzard!! Holla @ snow days!!! 



I participated in Dance Marathon for my second year in a row & fell in love with the organization all over again. 


My roommate, Alyssa, and I ice skated  on campus in 90 degree heat. That night, Mizzou gave out free snowcones and played Frozen on a big blow up screen. Just another reason why Mizzou is the best.

Well, obviously lots more went on besides those few pictures. Let's just say this year was one for the books. The good memories most definitely outweigh the bad & for that I am so thankful. God has provided time and again and I am blessed by His sovereignty. 

Until we meet again,
Shelbs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All I Have is Christ

a update to my last blog

trees will clap