a donde Tú me llames

To begin, I want to proclaim my absolute love and awe for The Lord. Every day, through the trials and joy, I'm in awe of His power and plan for my life. Developing my relationship with Christ has been an adventure to say the least, but it is so worth it. 

Recently someone said to me, "Shelby, your life seems so easy. You get accepted into everything."

 Woah. Not true, my friends. 

Let me be the first to tell you, my life is not as peachy as it may seem. I struggle, y'all. I sin daily. My words are not always gentle and my heart is not always focused on Christ. But thankfully, Jesus has blessed me with grace. And He has blessed you too! And for this I am so thankful. Because through His grace, I have joy. I'm able to fight through the temptations that life throws at me with Christ at my side. When trials arise, I know that God has had these planned for me since the beginning of time. Let that sink in a bit, because it's huge and so incredibly exciting!!! Once you comprehend that EVERY SINGLE THING you go through was written out for you by the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE since the BEGINNING OF TIME, everything will click. And I am so incredibly thankful that it did. Because I can already tell that junior year is going to be an exciting chapter in God's story of my life. And I can't wait to walk hand and hand with the author of this exciting story! 

Many of you might know that I feel very strongly called to missions. I'm currently going to school for Physical Therapy and Spanish, both of which I am passionate about. Pair the three together, and you get my dream job: a missions based physical therapist in a Central American country. God has shown me time and time again that this is a reality with the various service and mission trips I have been apart of. I trust that if this is His calling for my life, it will happen in His time.

My prayer this summer and semester and for the rest of my life is best laid out by the lyrics in Hillsong's Oceans:

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior


& the Spanish version :)


Que tu espíritu me guié sin fronteras 
Más allá de las barreras 
a donde tú me llames 
Tú me llevas más allá de lo soñado 
Donde puedo estar confiado 
al estar en tu presencia


"A donde tú me llames" or "wherever You may call me". I am so thankful for all of the places I've been called so far-- Alaska, Guatemala, the Dominican Republic, Mizzou. I'm thankful that God is working in my heart and that He continually challenges me in my faith that His plan is greater. 

With all of this being said, The Lord has graciously called me once again! And I am so happy and grateful to announce that I will be going to Nicaragua this winter break with Mizzou Alternative Breaks to teach English education to the children of Jinotega, Nicaragua!!!

I am so incredibly excited for this experience knowing that God had this written into my story from day 1!! He is so so good and all glory goes to Him my friends!! I'd love for you all to get to share in my journey, and you can so easily do so through prayer! Prayers for the sweet kiddos of Jinotega, my service team, the country of Nicaragua, that God's love would reign, and for Outreach360, would be so appreciated!!! Y'all are great & I'm thankful to have each of you in my life (: 

Thanks for reading!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All I Have is Christ

a update to my last blog

trees will clap